APEX LEGENDS GLOBAL SERIES
In June, the inaugural Apex Legends Global Series (ALGS) Championship showcased 170 of the best Apex Legends squads from all over the world as they battled for the coveted championship title and their share of an ALGS record $2.5 million prize pool.
The ALGS Championship generated an average minute audience (AMA) of over 180K during the North America Finals across player streams, watch parties and our official broadcast, establishing a new ALGS viewership record. This exceeded our previously most-watched ALGS competition – the NA Winter Circuit Playoffs in March 2021 – by 32 percent.
ALGS fans watched more than 3.5 million hours across the North America and Europe, Middle East & Africa Championship Group Stages and Finals, which resulted in more than 90K AMA for those competitions. Apex Legends competitive gaming continues to be one of many momentum drivers for EA & Respawn as the franchise continues to reach new audiences.
Article Credit – Ea.com/
year 2 APEX LEGENDS GLOBAL SERIES
Year 2 of the ALGS will award a $5,000,000 USD total prize pool, and our intent if conditions allow is to return to in-person competition with three live events at which we’ll crown global champions.
- Preseason Qualifiers: September – October, 2021
- Pro League Regular Season – Split 1: October – December, 2021
- Challenger Circuit – Split 1: October – December, 2021
- Split 2 Pro League Qualifiers: January 2022
- Split 1 Playoffs: January 2022
- Pro League Regular Season – Split 2: February – March, 2022
- Challenger Circuit – Split 2: February – March, 2022
- Split 2 Playoffs: May 2022
- Championship Last Chance Qualifiers: May 2022
- Year 2 – ALGS Championship: July 2022
PREMIER APEX TEAM INVITED TO PRO LEAGUE
⭐️Celebrate this incredible talent!
Here are the first 100 of the final 200 teams confirmed for the inaugural #ALGS Pro League.
🧵Are your favorite teams part of the competition?
🎉 Pro League Invited Teams for NA🎉 pic.twitter.com/T69m2VeHWo
— Apex Legends Esports (@PlayApexEsports) September 2, 2021